*Bidfood proprietary research Aug 2020
Here to help you plan your approach this Christmas
A very different Christmas
There is a huge amount of uncertainty for consumers around Christmas with many planning later than usual, making celebrations smaller and planning to spend more time at home.
Our consumer survey told us that:
- 64% have not started planning yet
- 1/3 will make celebrations smaller
- 55% of consumers expect to spend Christmas at home
- 24% expect to spend less with cutting down on eating out top to control costs
- 1 in 5 expect to spend MORE
- Only 7% plan to go out of home on Christmas day
- Only 11% plan to go out of home on New Year’s Eve*
This means that operators will need to take a different approach to entice consumers out of home and get those Christmas bookings secured.