1. Our use of your personal information
BFS Group Limited, trading as Bidfood (Company No.239718) has its registered office at Bidfood, 814 Leigh Road, Slough, SL1 4BD.
Other purposes for which we may use your Personal Information include dealing with enquiries, tailoring our services to your requirements and preferences, market research, competitions.
Occasionally, we may also wish to use your Personal Information to inform you about goods, services, promotions or competitions which we think may interest you.
2. When might we disclose your Personal Information to others?
Please be assured that except for the reasons listed below, we will not disclose your Personal Information to others.
We may disclose your Personal Information to others in the following circumstances and/or purposes:
- Where we are required to do so by the Courts or to comply with other legal, statutory and/or regulatory obligations including accounting and taxation requirements;
- To prevent and/or detect crime;
- For credit reference purposes;
- Where we believe that you may be interested in the services offered by other organisations including our group companies. If you would like details about these companies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
3. When might we transfer your Personal Information abroad?
4. Obtaining further details
If you would like further details of who we share your Personal Information with and for what purposes, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that if you communicate with us electronically, including by e-mail, telephone or fax, this communication may be randomly monitored and/or recorded to protect the interests of our business and our customers. This includes for the purposes of maintaining customer/ service quality standards, detection of and/ or prevention of crime and to ensure that our employees comply with legal obligations and our policies and procedures (including our customer relations practices).
7. External information sources
We may on occasion obtain Personal Information from external sources such as credit reference agencies or our group companies. We may use this information for the purposes of improving the quality of our services to you.
8. Requests for access to Personal Information
We are happy to provide you with details of the Personal Information, which we process about you.
To protect our customers’ personal information, we follow strict storage and disclosure procedures, which means that we will require proof of identity from you prior to disclosing such information. We may charge a small administration fee of £10 in relation to any requests for access to personal information. Please direct any such request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the Data Protection Officer, Bidfood, 814 Leigh Road, Slough, SL1 4BD.
9. Information updates
Please help us to keep your Personal Information current and accurate by contacting us at email@example.com or by post at Bidfood, 814 Leigh Road, Slough, SL1 4BD if your Personal Information is or becomes inaccurate and/or out-of-date.
As you may be aware, no data transmission over the internet can be entirely secure. As a result, while we will always use reasonable endeavours to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information and the use of our Site (including the e-mail facilities) is at your own risk.
EU regulation requires all websites to say whether cookies are being used and their purpose and for users of the website to accept their use. A ‘cookie’ is a small piece of data that is sent to the browser that you are using on your device (a computer or mobile phone) by the website’s computer. The data file will store information you give to us during your visit so that we can “remember” you on subsequent visits letting you move around the site without having to re-input the same information over and over again. We use the following types of cookies:
- ‘Depot-finder’ cookie – when you first use our website we will ask for your postcode so that we can let you know which of our depots will serve you. This cookie will be stored on your device and will remember the postcode associated with that device so that you would not need to re-enter your postcode on subsequent visits to our website provided you use the same device.
- Session cookie – this will record you journey around the site only during your visit; for example, allowing you to go back to pages that you might have viewed earlier during the session. The session cookie will expire once your visit ends.
- Analytics cookie – these cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
You may disable cookies by change your browser cookie settings. Usually, these settings will be in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser. You can find more details in the “Help” section of your browser. If you do disable the cookies that we use you may not be able to enjoy all the features of our website.
12. Changes to this policy