|Free range medium eggs||12pce|
|Hot & cold mix mashed potato||150g|
|Boned Scottish kipper fillets||200g|
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the eggs for 8 minutes. Then cool the eggs down as quickly as possible before taking the shells off carefully.
- Place the other 2 eggs in a bowl with 200ml of milk and whisk together. Set to one side.
- Place the rest of the milk and water in a pan and bring to the simmer. Place the fish in and poach until just cooked.
- Then flake the fish into a bowl and add the mashed potato mix. Combine well, and then add the warm milk to the bowl until the potato swells and becomes firm. Allow to cool.
- Wrap the potato and fish mixture around the eggs and allow to chill.
- Place the bread crumbs on a tray along with the flour. Firstly, roll the eggs in the flour, then dip into the egg mix, then roll in the breadcrumbs (this process may need to be repeated).
- Then place the Scotch eggs on a tray and either deep fry until golden brown and reaching temperature, or place in a hot oven until cooked.