|Aspals draught Suffolk cider||0.5 pieces|
|Everyday Favourites salted butter||20g|
|Farmstead smoked rindless streaky bacon||40g|
|Brown skin onion yellow flesh cooking||100g|
|Connemara Irish cooked mussels in shell||600g|
|Everyday Favourites whole black peppercorn||0.2g|
|La Espanola pure olive oil glass||20ml|
- Peel and slice the onions and set to one side. Separately, wash and slice the leeks and set these to one side too.
- Dice the bacon and place to the side until required.
- In a large pan, add oil and butter and cook the onions until they’re soft and slightly browned. Add the diced bacon and cook out until it is golden.
- Add the leeks and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until softened then add the cider and reduce down by half.
- Add the mussels and cook through then finish with the cream, black pepper, chopped parsley and fresh milled black pepper.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread and lemon wedges if you wish.