|Tilda fragrant jasmine rice||150g|
|Small mango||1, diced (approx. ½ inch cubes)|
|Toasted desiccated coconut (optional)||Sprinkle|
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and stir in the rice. Return to boil, cover and simmer for 9-10 minutes. It is best kept as ‘al dente’. Drain in a colander.
- Add the drained cooked rice to a saucepan, along with the milk and coconut milk and heat on a medium setting and stir as it heats up. It will start to thicken.
- Keep gently heating until it thickens. Check the rice is cooked through, then add the cream to finish the pudding. If still a little too thick, add more milk until you have the desired consistency. Add the sugar and stir through.
- Serve in suitable dishes, and add the diced mango on top of the pudding.
- Optional garnish, sprinkle with toasted desiccated coconut. This can be done in a dry frying pan over a low heat until toasted to a light brown colour.