|Onions (1cm dice)||400g|
|Bisto beef boullion||1ltr|
|Carrots (peeled and thickly sliced)||400g|
|Celeriac (peeled and thickly sliced)||400g|
|Swede (peeled and thickly sliced)||400g|
|Sprigs of rosemary||4|
|Bisto gravy granules||80g|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and brown the meat well all over.
- Remove the meat from the pan and place into a deep roasting tray.
- In the same frying pan, sweat the onions until translucent, then stir in the tomato puree and cook for a further minute.
- Pour over the Bisto beef boullion and stout and bring to a simmer.
- Now pour the stock, onions and tomato puree over the beef.
- Add the carrots, celeriac, swede and rosemary.
- Cover with silicon paper, then foil and place in the oven at 140c for 4 hours.
- Transfer the beef to a board and slice.
- Strain the vegetables, remove the rosemary and place the liquid into a pan.
- Brink the liquid to a simmer and whisk in the Bisto gravy granules.
- Serve the sliced meat in large dish with the vegetables and stout gravy.