The Farmstead team is passionate about fresh meat and we want to help you get the most out of your offering. In addition to product expertise, there are also a number of added value areas where we can help:
- Training – our master butchers offer training depending on your requirements, from breaking down whole carcasses to advice on how to maximise profits using different cuts
- Menu planning – working in conjunction with our development chefs, we devise new and exciting recipes to suit a variety of menu needs
- Costing – we can help you work out the cost per portion or how much GP% to make in order to make your recipes profitable
- Innovation & trends – we work closely with our insights team to ensure that we’re keeping on top of the most recent industry trends, whether it’s up and coming flavours, popular cuts of meat or even cooking styles
Meat the rest of the team
In addition to our fantastic sales team, we also have a dedicated team, all on hand to ensure that you’re getting the most out of the range:
- Farmstead food development chefs – we have a team of food development chefs who support the internal meat category team as well as the fresh meat sales team. Their role is to create new recipe solutions in line with moderns trends, as well as seasonal inspiration for all channels. They also support the Farmstead business development managers with product demonstrations at events or customer presentations and identify new meat products to expand the range.
- Farmstead technical manager – our technical manager is responsible for ensuring the entire Farmstead range is of a consistent quality, time after time. They personally approve all fresh meat suppliers to certify the operation is being run to a high standard, as well as being on hand to support the sales team and customers with technical information about product specifications and monitor all complains to rectify any potential product issues quickly and effectively.
- Farmstead supply chain manager – Our Farmstead supply chain manager works with suppliers and the Bidfood operational team to ensure continuous product availability. They work behind the scenes to ascertain the most suitable route to market for our fresh meat suppliers in order to minimise costs, manage forecast volumes for product requirements throughout the year and ensure full customer availability for orders based on a day-to-day basis.