|Twinings blackcurrant & blueberry teabags||2|
|Maple syrup||3 tbsps|
|Lemon (zest of)||1/2|
|Coconut oil||for cooking|
|Honey (not suitable for vegans) or maple syrup|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
We all love a good cup of tea, but have you ever thought to use tea as a cooking ingredient? Just think about tea in its many varieties (fruity, floral, sweet, earthy) and how it can be used to balance, enhance, or add depth to foods both savoury and sweet. When you shift your thinking from ‘tea is just a beverage’ to ‘tea is a spice’ a world of possibilities opens up. The delicate aromas and flavours of tea can add so much to a dish. Differentiate your breakfast offer and try this amazing vegan fruity blackcurrant and blueberry pancake recipe by Nourishing Amelia- and serve with a freshly brewed pot of The Full English breakfast tea, the perfect way to start your guests day!
- Infuse the Twinings blackcurrant & blueberry tea bags in the boiling water for 10 minutes then leave the water to cool.
- Mix the flaxseed with 4 tbsps water and leave to thicken up – this will help bind your ingredients together.
- Mix the buckwheat flour into a bowl with the lemon zest, maple syrup, thickened flaxseed mixture and blackcurrant & blueberry tea water. Making sure to add the tea water gradually – stirring as you do so.
- Add 1 tsp coconut oil to a pan over a medium heat.
- Once the oil has melted add about 2 tbsps of the mixture to the pan – or use 1 large ladle.
- Cook on one side for 2 minutes and then flip over and cook on the other side for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture. You should make 4-5 pancakes.
Serve the pancakes with fresh blueberries, a drizzle of honey or maple syrup and lemon zest with a freshly brewed pot of Twinings The Full English breakfast blend – the perfect pairing to start your guests day.