|Ingredients for the roast turkey:|
|Everyday Favourites salted butter||100g|
|Farmstead turkey crown||9kg|
|Ground black pepper||2g|
|Ingredients for the Bisto gravy:|
|Bisto Turkey Gravy Granules||75g|
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C.
- Rub the butter all over the turkey and season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Place the turkey in a roasting tray and cook in the oven for approximately 4 hours 30 minutes, basting from time to time, until the juices run clear.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and the roasting tray and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes. Retain the juices in the tray.
- For the gravy, skim the fat from the surface of the juices and discard, place the roasting tray on the stove on a high heat, add the boiling water, then whisk in the Bisto Turkey Gravy Granules until thick. Add the white wine, then pass the gravy through a sieve and stir in the mustard.
- Carve the turkey into portions and serve with the gravy and seasonal vegetables.
Hints and tips:
As a general guide, cook your turkey for 20 minutes per kg, plus 90 minutes if it’s more than 4kg, and plus 70 minutes if below 4kg. You can layer bacon over the turkey to keep in the juices, this helps retain moisture and ensures the turkey is fully rested before carving. You could also serve with Paxo Sage and Onion Stuffing and bread sauce.
Sulphites, mustard, milk, wheat, soya