|Ingredients for the roast beef:|
|Cloves of garlic (finely chopped)||5|
|Sprigs of tarragon (finely chopped)||5|
|Everyday Favourites ground black pepper||2g|
|Farmstead beef striploin||3kg|
|For the Bisto gravy:|
|Bisto Gluten Free Gravy Granules||75g|
|Sprig of tarragon||1|
- Mix together the garlic, tarragon, pepper and olive oil and rub into the sirloin, leave marinating for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Place in a roasting tray, season with salt and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, then turn the temperature down to 190˚c and continue cooking for a further 90 minutes (see cooking tips below).
- Remove from the oven and the roasting tray and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes. Retain the juices in the tray.
- For the gravy, skim the fat from the surface of the juices and discard, place the roasting tray on the stove on a high heat, add the boiling water, then whisk in the Bisto Gluten Free Gravy Granules until thick. Add the tarragon and port and allow to infuse, then pass the gravy through a sieve.
- Carve the beef into portions and serve with the Bisto Gluten Free Gravy and serve with a selection of seasonal vegetables.
Hints and tips:
After the initial 20 minutes of roasting, allow a 15 minute cooking time per 450g of sirloin for medium rare and a further 5 mins per 450g for medium. You can also place an oven probe in the centre of the meat and once it reaches a core temp of 48˚C, remove from the oven. This will then continue cooking and be medium rare (take to 52˚C for medium).
Sulphites (within the port)