|Olive oil||a dash of|
|Onion, finely chopped||1|
|Garlic clove, finely chopped||1|
|Hot chicken stock, made with 1 stock cube||1 ltr|
|Rosemary leaves||2 stalks|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add a dash of oil.
- Dice the chicken and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Slice the chorizo and mix with chicken and fry for 3-4 minutes until it darkens in colour and releases oil.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan, and cook for 3-4 mins, until they begin to soften.
- Add the pearl barley and stir well to mix into the oil, then add the chopped tomatoes and the chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to low heat and allow to simmer for 30 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Top up with water if required until the pearl barley is tender.
- Finally, chop the rosemary stalks, add the chorizo and then serve.