|Everyday Favourites white wine vinegar||100ml|
|Everyday Favourites paprika||8g|
|Everyday Favourites cracked black peppercorn||1g|
|Chef William whole green cardamom||6g|
|Pure olive oil P.E.T||100ml|
|Everyday Favourites ground turmeric||15g|
|Maldon sea salt||4g|
|Everyday Favourites ground cumin||3g|
|Farmstead chicken thighs (bone in & skin on) 110g||20|
|Sri Lankan curry paste||250g|
|Everyday Favourites sliced onions||200g|
|Rickmers chopped garlic in oil||20g|
|Everyday Favourites cinnamon sticks||1 stick|
|Fresh lemongrass||2 stalks|
|Thai coconut milk||600ml|
|Everyday Favourites chopped tomatoes||600g|
|Fresh red pepper (cut into 1/8ths & chargrilled)||150g|
|Fresh sweet potato (cut into 4cm chunks and roasted in a drizzle of oil for 20 minutes at 180˚C)||150g|
- Mix the vinegar, paprika, cracked black peppercorns, cardamom, 20ml olive oil, turmeric, salt, cumin, chicken and 100g of the curry paste in a bowl and leave to marinade for at least 6 hours.
- Once marinated, heat a frying pan and seal the chicken on all sides until coloured.
- In a deep pan, add the remaining oil and sauté the onions and garlic until golden brown. Then add the remaining curry paste, cinnamon stick, lemongrass and coconut milk.
- Add the chicken and all the juices, plus the marinade.
- Drain the chopped tomatoes, leaving only the pulp and add to the pan.
- Simmer for 40 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has reduced by half.
- Add the chargrilled red pepper and roasted sweet potato, bring back to a simmer and serve.