|For the mushroom|
|King oyster mushrooms||500g|
|Flora Plant Unsalted||150g|
|Sosa beetroot smoke||1g|
|For the cauliflower|
|Cauliflowers, cut into large chunks||2|
|Flora Plant Unsalted, melted||250g|
|For the pasta|
|Everyday Favourites spaghetti or linguine||1kg|
|For the sauce|
|Onions, finely chopped||2|
|Garlic cloves, sliced||3|
|Vegan white wine||400ml|
|Sprigs of fresh thyme||5|
|Flora Plant Double||500ml|
|For the garnish|
|Crispy sage leaves|
|Vegan hard cheese|
|Chopped fresh parsley|
|Basil infused oil|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Start by making the mushroom-based bacon. Finely dice 400g of the king oyster mushrooms. Fry the mushrooms in 100g of the Flora Plant Unsalted until nicely browned. Drain and leave to dry on kitchen roll.
- Thinly slice the remaining mushrooms lengthways and fry in the rest of the Flora Plant Unsalted. Again, leave to drain on kitchen roll.
- Make the marinade by mixing the smoked paprika, soy sauce, maple syrup and Sosa beetroot smoke in a large bowl. Soak the diced mushrooms in the marinade for 20 minutes. Drain on kitchen roll and then place in a dehydrator until crisp. The mushrooms will keep in an airtight container for a few weeks.
- Roast the large chunks of cauliflower in the 250g of melted Flora Plant Unsalted and season to taste.
- Cook the pasta for 10-12 minutes, drain and refresh under cold water. Keep some of the pasta cooking water.
- To make the sauce, gently fry the onions and garlic in the olive oil until soft but not coloured. Pour in the white wine and leave to evaporate. Stir in the smoked mushroom bits and thyme sprigs and continue frying for a couple of minutes. Pour in the Flora Plant Double and bring to a simmer. Season to taste.
- Deep fry the sliced mushrooms until crispy, drain on kitchen roll.
- Add the pasta to the creamy sauce, with some of the pasta cooking water to loosen the dish a little.
- Divide the pasta between your serving bowls. Top with the crispy mushrooms, roasted cauliflower, crispy sage, a grating of vegan hard cheese, a sprinkling of fresh parsley and finish with a little drizzle of basil infused oil.