|Ingredients for the roast pork:|
|Farmstead pork loin - boneless||3kg|
|Cloves of garlic (finely chopped)||5|
|Sage leaves (finely chopped)||5|
|Ground black pepper||2g|
|For the Bisto gravy:|
|Bisto Reduced Salt Granules||75g|
- Score the fat on top of the pork.
- Mix together the garlic, sage, lemon zest, pepper and olive oil and rub into the pork (not into the skin), then ensure the pork is tied, wrap in cling film and allow to marinate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C and remove the cling film.
- Place the pork in a roasting tray and season the skin with salt, then place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn the temperature down to 180˚C and continue cooking for a further 3 hours or until the juices run clear.
- Remove the pork from the oven and the roasting tray and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes. Retain the juices in the tray.
- For the gravy, skim the fat from the surface of the juices and discard. Place the roasting tray on the stove on a high heat, add the boiling water. Whisk in the Bisto Reduced Salt Granules until thick. Add the cider, and then pass the gravy through a sieve.
- Carve the pork into portions and serve with the gravy, a little crackling and seasonal vegetables.
Hints and tips:
For extra flavour, add some smoked paprika to the marinade.