|Everyday Favourites choice peas||250g|
|Everyday Favourites Chinese pine kernels||50g|
|Parmesan style vegetarian hard cheese wedges||50g|
|Extra virgin olive oil||6 tbsp|
|Gomo premium balsamic vinegar||2tbsp|
|Everyday Favourites part baked large white baguette 56cm||1|
Includes two portions of veg!*
- To make the pesto, boil the peas for 2 to 3 minutes until softened. Drain the peas in a colander and rinse with cold water and then pat dry with a tea towel.
- Toast the pine nuts in a pan until you have a bit of colour, reserve some of the peas and pine nuts for garnishing.
- Blitz the rest of the peas in a food processor with two cloves of chopped garlic, remaining toasted pine nuts, parmesan, chopped mint, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Don’t over blitz as you want to keep some texture.
- Dice the tomatoes and mix with one finely chopped clove of garlic, balsamic vinegar and chopped basil.
- Spread the pea pesto over the toasted slice, spoon over some peas and the tomato mixture, and finish with a sprinkle of toasted pine nuts and a sprig of fresh basil.
*When two bruschetta slices are served as a lunch portion, 3 heaped tbsp peas counts as the first portion of veg, 7 cherry tomatoes as the second.