|Chef William red lentils||200g|
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Coconut oil||1 tbsp|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 tbsp|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 tbsp|
|Baking powder||¾ tsp|
|Everyday Favorites garlic powder||½ tsp|
|Coriander leaf||½ tsp|
|Sea salt||to taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||to taste|
|Red pepper, deseeded and minced||1|
|Shallots, minced||3 tbsp|
|Optional ingredients for the finishing touch|
|Avocado. chicken, salad, rice|
- To prepare, add the lentils and quinoa to two separate airtight containers. Pour tap water into both containers until it completely covers the lentils and quinoa. Refrigerate both containers overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Drain and thoroughly rinse both the lentils and quinoa.
- Add the lentils and quinoa to a food processor along with the 1 1/4 cup water, minced garlic, coconut oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, baking powder, garlic powder, coriander, salt, and pepper. Process for 2-3 minutes or until the batter is completely smooth.
- Transfer the batter to a large mixing bowl and gently fold in the peppers and shallots.
- Heat a medium skillet or griddle pan over medium heat. Spray or rub the pan with coconut oil. Once the pan is hot, drop a full ladle of batter into the skillet and cook for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes on one side. Flip and cook another 2 to 2 1/2 minutes on the other side. You want the pancake to just be turning golden in color. Transfer the cooked pancake to a plate and repeat with the remainder of batter, making 4 large or 5-6 medium pancakes.
- Serve slightly warm topped with fresh vegetables or meat of your choice.