|Creamy buttermilk scone|
|Everyday Favourites self raising flour||640g|
|Lakeland Dairies butter||160g|
|Millac Gold Double||54g|
|Full fat milk, for glazing||20g|
|Millac Gold Double||250g|
|Shallots, finely diced and pan fried||25g|
|Salt & pepper||to taste|
|Everyday Favourites paprika||to taste|
|Irish smoked salmon, finely chopped||250g|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Mix the flour, cold Lakeland Dairies butter, salt, sugar, charcoal powder and baking powder to a coarse, sand-like texture.
- Add the buttermilk and Millac Gold Double and mix until lightly incorporated.
- Remove from the bowl. Finish mixing by hand until all ingredients are evenly blended.
- Rest the mixture for 10 minutes in the chiller.
- Roll to desired consistency and cut to shape. Brush with milk and bake at 180⁰C for 20 minutes until the scones are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Whip together the cream cheese and Millac Gold Double to soft peak.
- Add the chopped dill and pan-fried shallots.
- Add salt, pepper and paprika to taste.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Finally, carefully mix in the finely chopped smoked salmon.