|Everyday Favourites basmati rice||800g|
|Everyday Favourites extended life vegetable oil||37g|
|Everyday Favourites ground turmeric||1g|
|Tinned pineapple chunks||100g|
|Everyday Favourites medium desiccated coconut||63g|
|Everyday Favourites salt||15g|
|Green cardamom powder||0.5g|
|Everyday Favourites sultanas||50g|
|Everyday Favourites unsalted butter||80g|
|Diced fresh mango||100g|
|Crispy fried onions||55g|
- Wash and soak rice in plenty of water for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Drain all the water from the rice and keep rice to one side.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add cumin seed and sauté for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add ginger, turmeric, pineapple & coconut, mix well on a low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add 1.5 litres of water to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Add rice, mace powder, salt, green cardamom, sugar, carrot and bring back to the boil.
- Let the mix boil for 2 – 3 minutes with the pan uncovered, then reduce the heat to low. Put the lid on the pan and cook for 6 – 7 minutes.
- Leaving the lid on the pan, turn off the heat and let the rice stand for at least 8 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add apricots, sultanas, butter, cranberries and mango and mix well.
- Serve hot with fried onions on the top to garnish.