|Ingredients for the roast chicken:|
|Heads of garlic (halved)||2.5|
|Sprigs of rosemary||5|
|Farmstead 1.5kg whole chickens||5|
|Everyday Favourites salted butter (soft)||300g|
|Ground black pepper||10g|
|For the Bisto gravy:|
|Bisto Chicken Gravy Granules||75g|
|Sprigs of thyme||5|
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Place the garlic, bay leaves and rosemary inside the chicken cavity.
- Place the chicken into a roasting tin and rub with the butter, and then season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast for approximately 1 hour 30 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken from the roasting tray (keeping the juices) and allow to rest for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- For the gravy, skim the fat from the surface of the juices and discard. Place the roasting tray on the stove on a high heat, add the boiling water, then whisk in the Bisto Chicken Gravy Granules. Add the thyme and allow to infuse, then pass the gravy through a sieve.
- Carve the chicken into portions (one thigh and breast per portion) and serve with the gravy and a selection of seasonal vegetables.
Hints and tips:
You can either roast the chickens whole or pre-portion before cooking.
Milk, wheat, soya