|Farmstead chicken thigh boneless skinless 80-100g||2 pieces|
|Banana shallots large||40g|
|Spring onion trimmed||0.1 pieces|
|Lee Kum premium dark soy sauce||60ml|
|Everyday Favourites Chinese five spice||5g|
|Gustoso multi use tomato base||50g|
|La Espanola pre olive oil glass||20ml|
|Prep premium toasted sesame oil||5ml|
|Wing yip rice noodles (5mm)||100g|
|Tate & Lyle caster sugar drum||25g|
|Everyday Favourites salted peanuts||15g|
- Peel and slice the shallots and then set them to one side.
- Crush the garlic and grate the ginger. Dice the plum tomato. Set all of these to one side.
- Blanch and refresh the noodles.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the oils. Quickly fry the shallots with the crushed garlic and ginger.
- Add the chicken thigh and five spice, and cook until the chicken is browned.
- Add the soy sauce and sugar, and cook down. Then add the diced plum tomato, gustoso sauce, and turn the heat down.
- Cook until the chicken is cooked through, and the sauce has reduced down by half.
- Warm the noodles and top them with chicken, crushed peanuts, fresh sliced spring onion and green chilli.
- Serve with pickled carrots, sesame seeds and garlic oil. Finally, sprinkle some chilli flakes over the top for a bit of extra spice.