|Potato Maris Piper||300g|
|La Espanola Pure Olive Oil glass||20ml|
|Unsalted Packet Butter||40g|
|Brussel sprouts (loose)||100g|
|Casa De Mare Sea Salt||10g|
|Whole black peppercorn||1g|
|Farmstead chicken breast (minced)||450g|
|Plain white flour||150g|
|Free range medium eggs||12 pieces|
|Cook Asia panko breadcrumbs||200g|
|Sweet chilli sauce||80ml|
|Mild madras curry powder||15g|
|Cress micro red chard||10g|
|Rocket leaf salad||10g|
- First, peel and cook the potatoes until tender then drain and crush them slightly. Set to one side to cool.
- Heat the oil and butter and then add cut and blanched vegetables and sauté until tender. Remove them from the heat and allow to cool. Add chopped parsley and seasoning and then fold through the crushed potato and chicken mince then chill well.
- Cook 10 eggs for 5 minutes in boiling water. Refresh and peel, then set to one side.
- Make 10 even sized balls with the chicken mixture and dust with flour. Form a well in each ball and mould the mixture around the peeled egg. Do this for each egg, and then dust it with flour, egg wash (using the reserved 2 eggs) and panko breadcrumbs. You may need to egg wash and breadcrumb twice if needed.
- Deep fry at 170c until they are golden, and then transfer into the oven for 4-5 minutes to cook the meat layer through.
- Mix the mayonnaise with sweet chilli sauce, curry powder, sultanas and fresh lemon juice and set to one side.
- Once the scotch eggs are cooked but still runny, slice each one in half and serve it with a dollop of mayonnaise, a sprinkle of fresh herbs and some rocket.