Welcome to Oban depot
Bidfood Scotland was established in 2015, and is part of Bidfood in the UK. Bidfood Scotland consists of four sites; Edinburgh, Oban, Larbert and Inverness. We have almost 400 employees and 90 multi-temperature delivery vehicles working in partnership to provide service excellence to customers across the nation. Our flexible infrastructure ensures that we are able to supply the entire Bidfood product range to our customer base throughout Scotland, including the Highlands and Islands.
Local products and suppliers
At Bidfood Scotland, we share our customer’s passion for great food and we are dedicated to offering a local service. We are proud to be able to offer a high quality Scottish range, working in partnership with local Scottish suppliers. Our Scottish range includes over 500 food and drink lines from more than 100 Scottish suppliers, and is continuing to grow. Our range includes six key sectors;
- Fresh meat
- Fish and seafood
- Drinks (alcoholic and soft)
This enables us to offer the very best products that add value to your menus.
Strategically we work in partnership with Scottish Government, Scotland Food and Drink, Scottish Tourism Alliance and Visit Scotland, to support Scotland’s economic ambition to double the value of the Scottish Food and Drink sector to £30bn by 2030.
Supporting your food offering
We appreciate the need for quality assurance, provenance and specialist ranges –and are proud of the quality assurances and product credentials that we can supply to our customers. Below are just some of the accreditations that are associated with our extensive range:
- Taste our Best Accreditation with Visit Scotland
- Healthy Living Award for Scottish caterers
- Green Tourism Award in Scotland
Engaging with our local community
The Year of Young People in Scotland 2018
Bidfood Scotland supports the Scottish Chefs Fab 50 with funding for both the senior and the junior culinary teams. This means that Scotland’s best young chefs can compete with World Association of Chefs Societies, to compete at the world’s largest culinary competitions.
We work with West Lothian Council on an annual basis by inviting a group of local under-privileged teenagers, who are approaching school leaving age, to the depot to give them an overview of a working environment which has been greatly received by both the youngsters and their mentors.
Environmental initiatives in Scotland
- ISO14001: We’ve held this Environmental Management certification at our Edinburgh depot for 13 years consecutively
- Fuel Consumption: Our average kilometres per litre of fuel used has decreased from 3.14 to 2.64 in the last year (as at June 2018)
- Fleet: We implemented an efficient carbon-reduction scheme and 96% of trucks operating out of our Scottish depots now have more fuel efficient Euro VI engines and 85% use more efficient electric refrigeration