|Tilda easy cook basmati||500g|
|Butternut squash, cut into chunks||400g|
|Sweet potato, cut into chunks||200g|
|Onion, roughly chopped||1|
|Medium red chili, roughly chopped||1|
|Piece of ginger root, peeled and grated||5cm|
|Vegetable oil||1 tbsp|
|Garam masala||1 heaped tbsp|
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsps|
|Cumin seeds||½ tsp|
|Mustard seeds||½ tsp|
|Coriander leaves, chopped||large handful|
|Toasted coconut shavings (optional)||to serve|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Blanch the butternut squash and sweet potato for five minutes, drain and put to one side.
- Make a paste using the roughly chopped onion, garlic, red chilli, ginger, 1 tbsp oil and the garam masala.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pan with a lid.
- Cook the whole spices and sliced onions for one minute, then add the paste for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the blanched vegetables and coat with the paste.
- Add the coconut milk and season well to taste, simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir through the spinach and coriander at the end of cooking.
- Heat the rice according to pack instruction and serve with the curry topped with toasted coconut shavings.