|Dried porcini mushrooms||5g|
|Chicken or vegetable liquid stock||425ml|
|Everyday Favourites cooking salt||1/4 tsp|
|Finely grated parmesan||80g|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Garlic cloves, thinly sliced width-ways||6|
|Shallots, thinly sliced||4|
|Shitake mushrooms, thickly sliced||200g|
|Dry white wine||125ml|
|Sprigs parsley, coarsely chopped||4|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Place dried porcini mushrooms in a small heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water.
- Combine milk, chicken stock and salt in a medium heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil, then while whisking, add cornmeal in a slow, steady stream until combined.
- Cook, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, for 30 minutes or until polenta is tender. Stir through 1/2 cup (50g) parmesan. Remove from heat and keep in a warm place until required.
- Heat oil in a large casserole pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallots, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Increase heat to high. Add butter, mushrooms, wine, thyme, porcini and porcini water, and cook, covered for 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until mushrooms soften. Add and stir chopped parsley
- Serve polenta in bowl, then top with mushroom and sprinkle with Feta cheese.