|La Española olive oil||2 tbsps|
|Chorizo, thickly sliced||250g|
|Large onions, thinly sliced||2|
|Cloves garlic, crushed||4|
|Stick celery, sliced||1|
|Potatoes, peeled and cut into 2.5 cm pieces||400g|
|Dried oregano||½ tsp|
|Smoked paprika||2 tsps|
|Green lentils, rinsed||200g|
|Chicken stock||1 litre|
|Can chopped tomatoes||400g|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper||to season|
|Freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley||2 tbsps|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until the chorizo releases its oil.
- Stir in the onions, garlic, celery, carrots and potatoes. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until starting to soften, then stir in the oregano and paprika.
- Add the lentils and pour over the stock. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and season to taste, then cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the lentil are tender. Stir in the parsley.
- Serve in bowls drizzled with extra virgin olive oil
To serve: La Española extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling and crusty bread.