|Lemon juice and zest||8|
|Butter (cut into cubes)||200g|
|Birds ice cream:|
|Birds ice cream mix||200g|
|Whole fat milk||200ml|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad featureTo make the lemon curd:
- Heat lemon juice, zest and sugar in a pan until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add butter to the lemon juice and sugar mixture.
- Beat the eggs and egg yolks together and add to the mixture. Ensure this mixture does not come to the boil.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and keep it moving until it has cooled completely.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the butter and flour together until it resembles breadcrumbs, then add the sugar and combine.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- Make the ice cream as per the packet instructions but use cream and milk instead of water.
- Fold the cold lemon curd mixture into the ice cream mixture.
- Fold in eight broken meringue shells and freeze as per the on-pack instructions.
- Sprinkle with crumble topping just before serving.