- Pre-heat the oven to 160C.
- Cut the brisket in half. Heat up and brown both sides of the brisket in a large frying pan.
- Make the beef stock as per the instructions. Place the brisket into a large gastro tray and cover half way with the stock. Cover this with parchment paper and foil, and place it in the oven.
- Cook it for 3-4 hours.
- Peel and chop the red onion, ginger and chilli, and chop the coriander.
- When the brisket has reached 75-80C, take it out of the oven and place it into a clean tray.
- Smother it in the Thai sauce and place in the oven for a further 10 minutes, making sure you baste over.
- Mix some of the chilli jam with the tamarind sauce and mix this into the slaw with chopped coriander and chilli.
- Remove the brisket from the oven and slightly pull the beef apart.
- Fry the red onion, chillies and ginger until they are soft and then add the brisket, as well as Thai sauce and sriracha sauce.
- Place some of the brisket onto the panini with sliced cheese, and then place it onto a hot pan or panini machine and cook until it is golden brown.
- Finish it off by topping the panini with some chopped chilli, spring onion, coriander and seeds. Serve it up with the slaw as a side.
Find more recipes and inspiration on our UK international food trends in 2024
page or view all of our food and drink trends 2024