|Olive oil||2 tbsps|
|Large onion, peeled and finely chopped||1|
|Carrot, peeled and chopped||1/2|
|Celery stick, finely chopped||1|
|Garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped||1|
|Cirio chopped tomatoes||400g|
|Basil leaves, torn||6|
|Chilli flakes||½ tsp|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Heat the olive oil in a high-sided frying pan. Add the onion, celery and carrot and fry gently for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh torn basil, chilli flakes and season with salt and black pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water for 10 minutes or according to packet instructions.
- Flake the tuna into the tomato sauce with the lemon zest and bring back up to the boil. Drain the pasta and stir in the tuna sauce. Serve with fresh basil.