- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a cake tin.
- Place the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and continue to beat.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into the bowl and beat until fluffy, then pour the mixture into the cake tin.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked in the middle.
- Allow to cool, then drizzle over the Cassis.
- Place the icing sugar in a bowl with the cream and whisk until it reaches a stiff peak.
- Once the sponge is cool, chop the cake into cubes and then layer the pots with the sponge, cherry pie filling, and cream, making sure to finish with cream on the top.
- Shard the chocolate and sprinkle over the top before serving.
Serve as a whole gateau or cut your sponge to fill pots of your choice.