|Everyday Favourites ground cinnamon||1 tbsp|
|Juice of a lemon and zest||½|
|Everyday Favourites plain flour||250g|
|Everyday Favourites salt||½ tsp|
|Baking powder||2 tsps|
|Everyday Favourites free range medium eggs, beaten||2|
|Everyday Favourites unsalted butter||50g|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- For the compote add all the ingredients in a heavy based pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 30-40 minutes until the liquid has reduced and starts to become thicker.
- Meanwhile make the pancakes. Sift the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- In a jug, combine the milk, eggs, and melted butter. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Heat a cast-iron frying pan or griddle over a moderate flame. Add a small knob of butter and melt.
- Ladle in enough batter to make an 18cm round. Repeat the process until all the batter is used up. When bubbles appear on the top, take a peek to check if the underside is golden. When it is, flip over and cook until golden on both sides.
- Serve warm pancakes topped with warm or room temperature compote.