- Pre-heat your own to 200C. Wash the sweet potatoes and bake them in their skins in the pre-heated oven until they are cooked through and soft.
- Allow them to cool (whilst leaving the oven on) before peeling and mashing them, along with the chickpeas.
- Crush up 1 teaspoon of the coriander seeds and mix with the chillies. Add this to the mash along with the cinnamon, and season well.
- Fold the spring onions and beaten egg into the mashed potato.
- Gently melt the butter in a pan.
- Bash up the remaining coriander seeds. Brush a sheet of filo pastry with some melted butter and sprinkle with a pinch of ground cinnamon and a little of the ground coriander.
- Cover with the second sheet, and brush and sprinkle as before. Repeat for the third sheet.
- With a sharp knife, cut the stacked filo sheets into 2x 15cm squares.
- Working quickly so that the filo pastry doesn’t dry out, do the same with the remaining sheets. You should now have 4x squares of filo. Place a generous tablespoon of the sweet potato mixture into the centre of each square, and spread out slightly. Brush the edges of each square with water and fold them in half, corner to corner, to make them into triangles.
- Press down at the edges to seal them. Brush both sides of each triangle with the remaining melted butter, and place them on a baking tray.
- Bake them in the pre-heated oven for around 10 minutes, until they are golden brown.
Find more recipes and inspiration on our world food trends in 2024
page or view all of our food and drink trends 2024