- Cook the tuna and cool (you can use tinned tuna as an alternative).
- Cook the potatoes with their skins on, and peel them once cooked. Set to one side.
- Fry the sliced leeks with chopped ginger, finely sliced onions, diced green chilli, turmeric, black pepper and chopped curry leaves. Once cooked, let this cool.
- Mash the potato and add the leek and spice mix to the mash. Add lime juice and zest to taste, and fold through the tuna. Season the mixture and make it into small ball shapes.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and set to one side, ready for coating.
- Dip the fish cutlets into the egg and then the breadcrumbs, and place them into a tray. Chill until required.
- Deep fry each of the fishcakes until they are crisp and crunchy. Garnish with fresh coriander and a drizzle of chilli oil if you wish.
- Serve them up with the Katta Sambol as a side.
Find more recipes and inspiration on our UK international food trends in 2024
page or view all of our food and drink trends 2024