- Pre-heat the oven to 180c and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the coconut sugar and vegan buttery spread in a mixing bowl or food processor and mix or blend on medium speed.
- Add the sweet potatoes, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt. Mix together until blended and smooth.
- Spoon the batter onto the prepared cookie sheet. Top with dairy free chocolate chips and a sprinkle of sea salt if desired.
- Bake at 180c degrees for 12-15 minutes. Once baked, allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet before moving them. They will be soft.
- Meanwhile, mix the ingredients for the cookie sandwich filling. Once the mixture is smooth, spread it on the bottom of half of the cookies. Use the other half of the cookies to make up the cookie sandwiches.
- Store leftover cookies in the refrigerator in an airtight container. They should last for 3 days if chilled.
- N.B Canned black beans can work as an alternative to sweet potatoes in this recipe!
This recipe is part of the world food trends 2024
, click the link to discover the rest of our food and drink trends 2024