- Marinade the chicken in buttermilk for 20 minutes.
- Mix the flour and panko breadcrumb together and then coat the chicken thighs.
- Deep fry the chicken and finish in the oven until cooked through and golden. Set to one side.
- In a saucepan, add the honey, chilli flakes, sliced fresh chilli and butter and bring it all to a simmer. Set to one side to infuse.
- Finely slice the cabbage and apples and combine with the mayonnaise. Set to one side.
- Lay the bacon onto trays and rub with the black pepper and brown sugar. Grill until caramelised and sticky.
- Toast the bun and build the burger. To finish it off, drizzle with the hot honey sauce and serve alongside a handful of pickles and fries.
This recipe is part of the playful and popular food contrasts trend 2024
, click the link to discover the rest of our food and drink trends 2024