Telling a Story
This is a trend that is all about where our food comes from...
Consumers are becoming more knowledgeable and want to know as much as possible about the food chain. We no longer want mass produced food, we want food that is made with love and care, for us and the environment. Flavour needs to be layered, creating exciting dishes, with different flavours and textures through to the last mouthful.
Why is this a 2019 food trend?
With Brexit about to happen, we need to make sure that we can provide most of our own food and have products that are good enough to export to other countries in the world to help our new economy. We have seen many things go wrong in the food chain and we want to know that our food is safe to eat, local, and craft is the way to achieve this.
Defining this trend
- Digging into, and appreciation of, where our food comes from
- Embracing food made with love and care for us and the environment
- Named ingredients, artisan products, local and craft foods and drinks
- Enjoying produce from the seasons to create colourful savoury and sweet food and drinks
- Taking things back to basics to appreciate hand made, home made and nurtured to get the best out of ingredients
- Pairing food and drink to find the right tasting notes that offer a perfect match