VAT has been cut from 20% to 5% until the 12th January 2021!
Eat Out to Help Out
What is the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme?
The government has introduced the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme to help the hospitality industry recover from the effects of the pandemic. This scheme encourages consumers to eat out by offering them a 50% discount at restaurants between the 3rd and 31st of August…providing the establishment has registered for the scheme! As an operator, you just then need to submit a claim each week to HMRC with the balance and you’ll get your money back within 5 days!
What is included and what isn’t?
- All day, every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 3rd to 31st August 2020
- To offer a 50% discount on food or non-alcoholic drinks to eat or drink in (up to a maximum of £10 discount per diner)
- To claim the money back from the government
- There is no limit to the number of times customers can use the offer during the period of the scheme
- Alcohol and service charges are excluded from the offer
- Promotional materials have been created to help you advertise your offer
- Registration will close on the 31st August.
What do I need to register?
- The Government Gateway ID and password for your business – don’t worry if you don’t have one yet, you can create one when you register
- The name and address of each establishment to be registered, unless you are registering more than 25 – if there are more than 25 you don’t have to register each one
- The UK bank account number and sort code for the business
- The address on your bank account for the business
- The date your business started trading
If you are looking to reduce complexities in the kitchen throughout August and beyond, but still want to provide a quality offer that features your customers’ favourites, then take a look at our Simple Solutions guide. It’s recently launched and is here to provide you with advice, product ranges and simple recipes to make your life easier!