This trends is all about making global cuisine easy and simple, using authentic ingredients to create new fusion dishes.
Why is this a 2020 food trend?
As global ingredients become more accessible, chefs, mixologists and baristas are creating more authentic dishes and drinks. Along with truly authentic meals, we also see a touch of global flavour being added to traditional favourites, through spices, sauces and marinades, creating global fusion dishes.
Key sub-trends for simply global:
- Global fusion – This is fusion cooking 2.0 as we combine lots of different spices and cuisines
- Flavours of the pacific – Taking inspiration from the diverse range of cuisines that surround the Pacific ocean
- Middle Eastern – The Middle Eastern trend continues with becomes more regional staples gaining popularity
- Authentic Indian – We are seeing a movement to lighter, fresher and more authentic dishes
- Extreme Americana – This is all about creating new American-fusion dishes, using the best ingredients
- World heat – It’s easier than ever to add a pinch of global heat to any dish