Your guide to outdoor dining
With outdoor dining becoming such a big opportunity throughout the pandemic, how can you capitalise on the opportunity now and in the long term?
So why outdoor dining?
There is a big revenue opportunity to take advantage of until full reopening, since according to a recent CGA survey, 76% of consumers are likely to visit a venue with outdoor seating within a month of reopening.
Whatever the rules are at the time, it is vital that you have the right offer which encourages an exciting, safe and memorable atmosphere/experience that protects customers from the elements of the unpredictable British weather.
Throughout this guide, we’ve got lots of inspiration and ideas to help you make the most of this growing need for consumers.
Create an inspired outdoor menu
There’s not necessarily any reason to change your menu too much if you are to cater for outdoor dining. In fact, you should use this as an opportunity to simplify your menu and focus on what you’re best known for. Cutting down dishes leads to many benefits, such as, cutting costs and reducing waste. So use this time to drive the specialism you have. Are you known for having the best stone baked pizza, burgers to die for, or for having steak like no other? Well, these are easily transformable to cater for outdoor dining throughout the day.
Make the most of your space
The conundrum for most who have outdoor space now is how they can best utilise it. Our top things to consider are:
- Use bookings to help you plan and to upsell package deals
- Premiumise your offer where possible to not only create an experience, but provide a comfortable environment
- Safety and hygiene must always come first
- Adapt and utilise technology – 55% of consumers are more confident when a pub or restaurant has implemented technology into their offer (Lumina Intelligence, 2021)
- Make your outdoor area as “Insta-worthy” as possible to drive up excitement