|◆ Farmstead Venison steaks 196-224g||10|
|Gourmet classic red cooking wine||300ml|
|Essential Cuisine Premier Veal Jus||300ml|
|Everyday Favourites redcurrant sauce||100g|
- Remove steaks from the chiller, season and bring to room temperature.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Peel and turn the potatoes so they will sit in a gastronorm, place the potatoes into a ½ gastronorm and add the stock and melted butter and place into the oven for 30-40 minutes until cooked through and golden brown.
- Finely chop shallots and soften in a frying pan for 2-3 minutes. Add the red wine, veal jus and redcurrant sauce and reduce by half.
- Cut & peel apples into thin slices and add to the pan with the blackberries and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow to rest.
- Add the venison steaks to the pan and brown all over for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the steaks into the oven for 3-4 minutes until pink. Remove from the over and leave to rest.
- Place the fondant potatoes on a plate with the sliced venison on top and drizzle over the sauce.