|Napolina light in colour spray olive oil||lightly spray|
|Carton Napolina passata with basil||390g|
|Cloves of garlic, finely chopped||2|
|Red onion, finely chopped||1|
|Grated zest of lemon||1|
|Napolina chickpeas can, drained||400g|
|Large egg, beaten||1|
|Basil leaves, finely chopped||a handful|
|Everyday Favourites oregano||1 tsp|
|Salt and black pepper||to taste|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a large bowl, mash 400g chickpeas.
- Chop one clove of garlic and handful basil leaves and add to the bowl. Add a teaspoon of oregano, grated zest of 1 lemon, 100g breadcrumbs, 1 egg, salt and pepper to season and mix well until fully combined.
- Shape the mixture into balls the size and shape of golf balls. Lightly spray a baking tray with the light in colour olive oil, and add the balls. Cook for 15 minutes, turning over halfway through.
- Meanwhile, heat some olive oil in a pan and lightly fry a chopped onion and another clove of chopped garlic until softened. Pour in 390g passata with basil, season, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve the vegetarian meatballs immediately as Cicchetti (small dishes) by splitting the balls across 4 small bowls, pouring some tomato sauce over each. Add a basil leaf to serve.
Alternatively serve with Napolina spaghetti and eat as a main meal.