|Tilda easy cook basmati rice||360g|
|Large white onion||1|
|Coconut oil||2 tbsp|
|Everyday Favourites free range medium eggs||4|
|Fresh coriander||a handful|
|Cumin seeds||2 tsp|
|Everyday Favourites cinnamon stick||1|
|Everyday Favourites fennel seeds||1 tsp|
|Everyday Favourites bay leaves||3|
|Everyday Favourites cracked black peppercorn||1 1/2 tsp|
|Everyday Favourites ground ginger||1 tsp|
|Everyday Favourites ground turmeric||1/2 tsp|
|Mustard seed||1 tsp|
|Everyday Favourites salt||1/2 tsp|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
A flavourful vegetarian and gluten-free brunch menu alternative.
- Set the rice to soak in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C.
- Finely dice the onion and pepper, chop the tomatoes and slice the mushrooms.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large, heavy pan or casserole dish, over a medium heat and add all the spices. Cook for a few minutes, until the spices are spitting and sizzling a little, and then add the onion.
- Gently cook the onion, adding half a tablespoon of coconut oil, and stir for approx. 10 minutes until it begins to soften.
- Add the garlic, stir, and cook for a minute or so before adding the chopped pepper. Continue to cook for a few minutes more. Throw in the chopped mushrooms and the last of the coconut oil, continue to cook over a low heat until the mushrooms have softened, and reduced – around ten minutes, then add the tomatoes.
- Drain the rice, and then add it to the pan, stirring thoroughly, and heat until sizzling. Top with two cups of water, stir again, and turn up the heat to cook uncovered for 5 minutes, until most of the water has evaporated.
- Cover with a tightly fitted lid and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, hard-boil the eggs by adding them to a pan of warm water, and simmering for 7 minutes. Immediately run the eggs under the cold tap for 60-90 seconds, then crack the shells all over with the back of a teaspoon; they should peel straight off.
- Add the eggs, sprinkle with fresh coriander, and serve.