|Farmstead short rib beef (Jacob's Ladder)||5|
|Everyday Favourites unsalted butter||40g|
|Everyday Favourites plain white flour||40g|
|Cravendale whole milk||400ml|
|Maldon sea salt||8g|
|Everyday Favourites white pepper||0.5g|
|Il Pesatore grana padano wedge||60g|
|French gruyere style block||100g|
|Everyday Favourites Italian macaroni||500g|
|Président goats cheese log||100g|
|Everyday Favourites ciabatta roll||1 roll|
|Everyday Favourites batter mix||500g|
|Everyday Favourites BBQ sauce||250ml|
|Apple wood chips||12g|
- Smoke the Jacob’s Ladder for 4 hours over apple chips, then vacuum pack and sous vide for 72 hours at 73˚C
- Make a cheese sauce by making a roux then adding the milk, cream and cheese and blend until smooth and creamy, season with the salt and pepper.
- Layer grated goats cheese, pasta and cheese sauce in an individual copper pot and top with chunks of ciabatta and bake until golden brown.
- To make the frickles – combine the batter with cold water and drop sliced dill pickles in and deep fry until crispy and golden.
- To assemble the dish chargrill the Jacob’s Ladder and mop with the BBQ sauce, turning and mopping at regular intervals.
- Place the copper pan on a Stonecast oblong plate and rest the cooked Jacobs Ladder against the pan, top with the frickles and serve with Caesar salad or American slaw with red cabbage.