|Banana shallots large
- Blend the marinade ingredients into a smooth paste.
- Massage the paste into the brisket and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Place the brisket into a braising pot or deep roasting tray with the bed of root vegetables on the base.
- Add the stock and cover well with tinfoil to seal.
- Place into a hot oven at 150oC for three hours, basting every 45 minutes.
- After three hours remove the brisket from the oven and rest for 10 minutes.
- For extra smoky flavour, finish the beef over ashen coals or a low gas setting. Lift the beef out of the roasting tray and place on the barbecue to char. Cook until lightly charred all over and heated through.
- Lift onto a board and serve sliced with BBQ sauce on the side.