The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Add the flour, sugar and salt into a food processor and pulse quickly to mix. Add the butter and sour cream and pulse for 10 to 20 seconds until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs with some pea-size chunks.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and bring the pastry together with your hands. Knead a couple of times until it comes together. Divide the pastry into two and shape each into a disc. Wrap individually in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180ºC.
- Add the peach slices, Lyle’s Golden Syrup, lemon zest and thyme leaves into a small bowl and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Remove both discs of pastry from the fridge. Roll each out into a 20cm diameter circle and place both circles on a lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle the ground almonds onto the centre of each disc (leaving a 2 cm gap around the edge). Divide the peach slices between the two discs.
- Fold the shortcrust pastry edges over the peaches. Brush the pastry with milk and sprinkle with the flaked almonds. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with an extra drizzle of Lyle’s Golden Syrup and a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Enjoy!
Now you know how to make a galette pastry, there’s nothing to stop you mixing up the ingredients and experimenting with your newfound culinary achievement!
It’s recommended to keep your galette pastry covered in the refrigerator for 2 days after it’s been made. After 2 days, the crust tends to get a little soggy.