|For the filling|
|Apples, cored and grated||2|
|Everyday Favourites mincemeat||411g|
|For the pastry|
|Everyday Favourites unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing||115g|
|Everyday Favourites plain flour||225g|
|Tate & Lyle Pure Cane Caster Sugar||1 tbsp|
|Juice of satsuma||1|
|Semi skimmed milk, for brushing|
|Icing sugar, for dusting|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/Gas 5.
- Grease a 12 hole tart tin.
- Make the filling by mixing together the apple, cranberries and mincemeat.
For the pastry
- Cut the butter into small pieces and, in a large bowl, rub it into the flour until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar, egg yolks and satsuma juice and mix together.
- Roll the pastry into a ball and divide into quarters.
- Roll out one piece, cut out 8 circles, just big enough to line the tins. Repeat with another quarter to make 16 circles.
- Roll out the next two quarters one at a time, and cut 8 stars out of each, about the same size as the tart tin holes.
- Cooking in 2 batches, add the pastry circles to the tin, spoon in some filling and top with the stars.
- Brush with milk and bake for 15 mins until the pastry is cooked and golden. Leave to cool slightly, then dust with icing sugar.