|Large fresh eggs
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees, then line a baking tray with silicone paper.
- Using a piping nozzle, draw around the edge to mark out a circle on the paper making sure to leave an adequate gap between each circle.
- In a blender, blitz the icing sugar and almonds into a fine mill.
- Separate the whites of the eggs and place into a bowl. Whisk the whites into a stiff peak.
- Gradually whisk in the granulated sugar until you reach a stiff peak.
- Gradually fold in the almonds mixture and then place into a piping bag.
- Pipe the mixture into the circles on the paper and band the baking tray down to ensure that the mixture is even.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until the macarons become firm and crisp on top.
- Allow to cool, then whip the cream into a soft peak and place into a piping bag. Pipe the cream onto the flat part of the macaron.