|For the sticky toffee pudding|
|Fresh banana (chilled)||200g|
|Everyday Favourites salted butter (chilled)||100g|
|Tate & Lyle dark brown soft sugar||255g|
|Everyday Favourites free range medium eggs||3 eggs|
|Green Valley dairy Greek style yoghurt (chilled)||120g|
|Everyday Favourites self raising flour||200g|
|Dr. Oatker Professional bicarbonate of soda||2g|
|Dr. Oatker baking powder (gluten free)||3g|
|Yarde Farm popcorn ice-cream||1 scoop per portion|
|For the sauce|
|Freshways double cream (chilled)||120ml|
|Everyday Favourites salted butter (chilled)||250g|
|Tate & Lyle dark soft brown sugar||250g|
For the sticky toffee pudding:
- Peel the banana and set to one side. Wash and soak the banana skins, and remove the tips. Leave them soaking for 2 hours, whilst refreshing the water every 30 minutes.
- Soften the butter and collate all other ingredients to prepare.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180c.
- Once the skins have soaked, add them to a pan with a touch of the sugar and 100ml of water. Slowly cook them until they become a soft purée, and leave this to chill.
- In a mixing bowl, add the softened butter and sugar and cream together. Add in the eggs, yoghurt and banana skin purée and blend the mixture together.
- Sift the flour and raising agents together and fold these through the mixture.
- Divide between the 6 buttered cake moulds and bake for 15-20 minutes at 180c until soft and springy to the touch.
- Remove from the moulds, and serve the puddings with the sauce, a scoop of ice cream, and caramelised bananas.
- Place all ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Continue to stir until the sugar has completely dissolved and cook for a further 5-6 minutes until rich and glossy.
- Remove and store.