|Stalk celery diced into small pieces||1|
|Everyday Favourites garlic powder||1/2 tsp|
|Sriracha sauce||1 tbsp|
|Everyday Favourites plain flour or chickpea flour (for gluten free option)||1/4 cup|
|Salt and pepper to season||a pinch|
|Vegetable oil||for frying|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Soak the chick peas overnight.
- Add the soaked chick peas to a pan of water and simmer for up to 90 minutes until tender and are easy to mash.
- Drain well and then in a large bowl, mash the cooked chick peas using a blender or food processor or large fork until nearly all mashed.
- Next, mash in the celery, carrot, onion, garlic powder and sriracha sauce. Add the flour (chick pea for gluten free option), and season well with sea salt and black pepper.
- Once the ingredients are thoroughly mashed, heat a bit of oil in a frying pan or skillet, or alternatively a lightly-greased grill pan.
- Form the mixture into patties and lightly pan-fry for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve with salad in a bun and with hummus on the side.