- Pre-heat the oven to 180C or 350F.
- In a hot skillet, sauté the minced meat (without any oil) for 10 minutes, stirring regularly. Put this onto a place and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons of oil and sauté the onions over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the lemon zest and its fresh juice with the spices and ginger, to make a paste.
- Pour the milk into a separate bowl and soak the bread in here.
- Add garlic to the onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the spice mixture in and stir this together.
- Drain the bread and add it to the onion and garlic mixture. Set the milk aside, as this will be used later.
- Add the meat into the mixture and stir. Add salt and pepper.
- Add parsley, raisins, dried apricots and almonds. Sauté for a few minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Pour the meat mixture into a rectangular pan and firmly pack the meat with the back of a spoon.
- Beat 4 eggs into the remaining milk. Cover the meatloaf with the egg and milk mixture. Place this into the oven for 40 minutes.
- Serve hot with plain or curry-flavoured basmati rice.
Looking for a wholesale African food supplier?
Click the link to find out how we can help you.