|For the roast beef:|
|Cloves of garlic (finely chopped)||5|
|Sprigs of tarragon (finely chopped)||5|
|Everyday Favourites ground black pepper||2g|
|Farmstead sirloin of beef||3kg|
|For the gravy:|
|Bisto gluten free gravy granules||75g|
|Sprig of tarragon||1|
The page that you are currently reading is an ad feature
- Mix together the garlic, tarragon, pepper and olive oil and rub into the sirloin, leave marinating for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C.
- Place in a roasting tray, season with salt and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, then turn the temperature down to 190 ̊c and continue cooking for a further 90 minutes (see cooking tips below).
- Remove from the oven and the roasting tray and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Retain the juices in the tray.
- For the gravy, skim the fat from the surface of the juices and discard, place the roasting tray on the stove on a high heat, add the boiling water, then whisk in the gluten free gravy granules until thick. Add the tarragon and port and allow to infuse, then pass the gravy through a sieve.
- Carve the beef into portions and serve with the Gluten Free Gravy and serve with a selection of seasonal vegetables.
Hints & Tips:
After the initial 20 minutes of roasting, allow a 15 minute cooking time per 450g of sirloin for medium rare and a further 5 mins per 450g for medium. You can also place an oven probe in the centre of the meat and once it reaches a core temp of 48 ̊C, remove from the oven. This will then continue cooking and be medium rare (take to 52 ̊C for medium).